SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Simple Quiche


This past weekend for some crazy reason I wanted to cook. I'm ashamed to admit that I cooked more than weekend than I have in the past two weeks but I'll keep using being pregnant as my excuse for the next few months. Anyway I got a craving for quiche and when we were grocery shopping I decided to grab the items I wanted/needed to satisfy this craving. This recipe yields two full quiches so go ahead and invite friends over for brunch! Here is what you'll need...


Ingredients:

  • Two frozen pie crusts 
  • 6 large eggs
  • 3 tablespoons of butter
  • 8 oz container of fresh mushrooms
  • 2.5 cups of fresh spinach
  • green pepper (I only used half of one)
  • 2 cups of the shredded cheese of your choice (I used a Mexican blend) 
  • EVOO to prep your skillet 
  • salt and pepper

*optional but highly recommended*

  • 1/4 of a pound meat of your choice (I used a sodium nitrate free tavern ham this time)
  • 1 small slicing tomato (optional)
Directions: 

Now you're ready to get started! Set the frozen pic crusts out to semi thaw while you're preparing everything else and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Chop (to your desired preference) the green pepper and mushrooms and place them in a skillet (prepped with EVOO) on medium to cook and "soften."


In a mixing bowl melt 3 tablespoons of butter. Once the butter is melted add your 6 cracked eggs and dashes of salt and pepper to the bowl and beat the yolks with a forks until the mixture is smooth.

Now that your peppers and mushrooms have cooked a bit go ahead and add your spinach to the pan. I found it best to add a handful at a time to let the spinach "melt" and make room for more.

While your spinach is "melting" add 1 cup of your shredded cheese to your bowl with the eggs in it and if you'd opted to use meat in your quiche, now is the time to add your (chopped to your preference) meat to the egg mixture too.

Once your spinach is "melted" add it, the peppers, and mushrooms to your egg mixture and stir until everything is well blended then pour equal amounts of the mixture into your two pie crusts.

Put both of the quiches in the oven for 30 minutes to cook. Then remove both quiches and sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on both and if you opted to use slicing tomatoes you can now add them to the quiches on top of the cheese. Place the quiches back in the oven for 5-10 minutes to allow the cheese to melt, remove, let cool...and ENJOY!

Quiches after the initial 30 minute bake time before additional cheese and tomato slices






No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Former Kennedy. I love hearing from YOU and would love to check out your blogs too! Comment and leave your link :)