SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Why I Think Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is "Worth" it

A question I'm often asked, especially around this time of year, is if shelling out the extra money for a ticket to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is worth it or not. To put it simply in my not so humble opinion...absolutely. As a cast member I don't pay to get into the Disney theme parks but that does not include the special events...so yes, I do have to pay to go to these parties and even though I'm at Disney all the time I still think it's worth it. 

For those who are unfamiliar with the holiday parties, in a nutshell, they are special ticketed events that are themed to Halloween (Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party) or Christmas (Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party) and they feature things exclusive to that event. An example are the parades and fireworks which are themed to the holiday and aren't shown on normal non-party days. Mickey's "Boo to You" Halloween Parade is my all time favorite parade at Walt Disney World and I think a lot of the reason is because I can't see it all the time so it's extra special. During the party everyone can hit up the trick-or-treat spots and this year I was so happy to see that several treat spots have been added within attraction queues. 

Another benefit is during the parties many of the attractions have incredibly reduced wait times. This is huge for some people but to be honest when we go we try to take advantage of all the special entertainment, character meet and greets, and special treat offerings since we can ride the attractions anytime. 

Now that I've pleaded my case here are the facts in black and white:
  • The party is from 7:00 PM-Midnight but your ticket gets you into the Magic Kingdom as early as 4:00 PM with the park closing for day guests at 6:00 PM.
  • There are two parade viewings and one {incredible} fireworks show each party.
  • Guests can trick-or-treat throughout the park and receive complimentary trick-or-treat bags.
  • You can meet some of your favorite characters decked out in their Halloween best. 
  • Guests are invited to dress up in costumes. 
  • There is specialty merchandise available for purchase during the party.  
Now for the massive photo drop off photos from fun times at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!



2018 

2017

2017



Not amused with the characters at all last year

Anna (Stella) and Elsa (Brynn)


The Maleficent Ice Cream (lime soft serve with chocolate horns) was a big hit 


At the end of the day you have to decide what's best for you but I hope this helps guide you to your decision. Comment below with any questions and thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Former Kennedy. I love hearing from YOU and would love to check out your blogs too! Comment and leave your link :)