SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Princess Half Marathon Runner Essentials

Last year I attempted my first half marathon and failed (you can read about it HERE) so I decided to give it another shot this year. I have several friends who also signed up this year for their first half marathon and that have asked me for my race day essentials so I decided I’d share it with all of you! I’m by no means a professional runner...I’m a big girl who’s slow AF but damn it I’m out there trying. Here’s my list to keep you going, comfy, and cute!



To Keep You Going

In the days leading up to the race it's so important to not try new things that could upset your stomach and digestion. You want to hydrate more than you ever have and load up on healthy carbs to two days before. I was recommend the two items below and they honestly really helped during the race. Also take advantage of the free Biofreeze at the first aid stops!

GU Energy Gel

Jelly Belly Sports Beans

To Keep You Comfy

Good running shoes: go to a running store and get fitted for them. Usually the fitting is free and it makes all the difference. The socks are just as important. You want to make sure they have arch support and don't slide off. Few things are worse than chaffing so cover your body in Body Glide. If you think you think it could chaff there put the cream there. My sister and I both wore running leggings and still put body glide on our thighs and neither of us chaffed at all.

Body Glide (cream)

Running socks

Cropped running leggings

To Keep You Cute

I was so nervous about the race last year that I didn't really get into the fun of dressing up. I will try to be more fun when it comes to my outfit this year but the key is to keep your outfit light and comfortable. I opt for a headpiece that doesn't squeeze my headband like a headband or Minnie ears would.

Glitter Running Skirt

Ponytail Tiara


10 comments :

Thanks for stopping by Former Kennedy. I love hearing from YOU and would love to check out your blogs too! Comment and leave your link :)