SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: Holy Schiff...We Got Married!

Hello everyone, Mrs. Schiffbauer here! I still feel so weird saying it but it's totally growing on me. As you know we were married this past Saturday, October 17th. The entire day was such a wonderful adventure and when one of my newly married best friends told me "it's not just a piece of paper...it feels different" man was he right! My friend/bridesmaid Katie's mom once told us a few years ago that your wedding is the greatest party you'll ever throw and Gayle you were 100% correct! I can't wait to share all the details of our wedding day with you over the coming weeks but, for now I just want to share my feelings (and some low budget iphone pics) on the day while they're still fresh.

It's so crazy to see him with a ring on!

The week leading up to our wedding was filled with excitement and stress as many former brides I know will agree but I'm so glad I had those feelings then and not on my wedding day. Our rehearsal went great and our rehearsal dinner was filled with laughs and so many loving speeches that my heart was bursting. I wish we would have thought to record them but I feel like I'll remember the kind words said about the both of us for years to come. I slept very light that night and practically wanted to jump out of bed the next morning because I was so ready for everything to begin!

 At the church after the rehearsal

Giving my girls (and William) their gifts at dinner

All the girls got ready at Brian's Aunt Sandy's house and it was so much fun. What a saint she was for letting us invade her home like that, I truly appreciate her kindness. Hair and makeup started and it all started to hit me, especially when my friend Stacy looked at me and started crying. Getting into my dress and having a "first look" with my girls was so special. We quickly loaded on the bus and did our best to get to over to Lake Erie College on time for my first look with Brian.

When I got off the bus I was welcomed by Brian's groomsmen and my close guy friends that were our ushers. They started crying and my heart melted. I was whisked away for our first look and I know I should have been so nervous but knowing that I was going to see Brian made me feel overwhelmingly calm. The moment we first saw each other is something I'll never forget.

Pardon the blurriness this is a screenshot of someone's snapchat lol

Our shuttle ride to the church was so much fun! I feel like our ride to the church was more rowdy than most people's ride to the reception. Some of my favorite memories with our wedding party were on that bus. Once we arrived at the church something crazy happened...little snow flurries began to fall. To think that when we first started planning we wanted to get married outside is comical. We all went into our holding rooms, my friend Meg who did my hair and makeup came in to put on my veil then we waited for the ceremony to begin.

Meg and I have been preparing for this "dress up" for 27 years!

I stood in the room with my mom as one by one each of the girls left to walk down the aisle to Brian's alma mater's hymn "The Ash Grove." The organist played a few triumphant chords to signal us and we were off as one of my favorite songs, "The Shaker Hymn: Simple Gifts" {performed at every WVU football game preshow} was playing. As we walked down the aisle the first people we saw were "my side" of the church. The feeling that came over me when I looked at all these people who love me so much was wonderful. They were looking at me in a way they had never seen me before, as a bride, and it was the closest thing to pure magic I think I'll ever experience. As I passed them I thought of all the times we had shared together and couldn't do anything but grin from ear to ear because in that moment I was the epitome of happy. How often is it that you have the ones you loved most in the world all together in one room. My angel mother put my hand in Brian's and we made our way up to the alter. I had a total Toddlers&Tiaras moment when I got up there and waved to them all! LOL!

The next hour was filled with readings, songs, a little blooper by our wedding party that I pray was captured on film because I bet it was hilarious, an adorably personal homily about us, and an awkward kiss...you would have thought it was the first kiss for the both of us! And just like that we were married!!!


I hope you continue to follow along with me as I share photos, memories, and all the things that made our wedding so wonderful. As always, thanks for reading and comment away!






20 comments :

  1. YAY!! Best. DAY. EVER!!!!!!!!!! Seriously though, it was the best day. I'm so glad I got to be there for it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked GORGEOUS!! Seriously girl, incredible. I can not wait to see more photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jordan, thanks for stopping by to say hello this morning. Congrats on your wedding! You looked beautiful and ya'll make a beautiful couple. I can't wait to see your pictures. I've been married 18 years this month on the 29th - get ready for the ride of your life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You looked Gorgeous!! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! Can't wait to hear more details and see more pictures of your big day!! - Svetlana @Life With a Side of Wine

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG congratulations!!! You look BEAUTIFUL and so happy!!

    Lauren :)
    ohheyilikethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving these pics, your dress was gorgeous! Congrats gurlie <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Wait till you start saying "my husband" its the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeeeee look how pretty you were!!! Congratulations I can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, lady! You look GORGEOUS! Can't wait to read more about your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats, beautiful! Your dress looked amazing and you look so happy! Welcome to the WIFEY CLUB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello my sweet daughter-in-law! What a privilege it was to be part of the prep for this wedding. The detail that went into your vision of this day was incredible. I love you and I couldn't be happier that you are the woman who stole Brian's heart 💙💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello my sweet daughter-in-law! What a privilege it was to be part of the prep for this wedding. The detail that went into your vision of this day was incredible. I love you and I couldn't be happier that you are the woman who stole Brian's heart 💙💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  16. eeek! LOVELY! Thanks for linking up today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!! Your dress is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a beautiful wedding dress! and your bouquet is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Former Kennedy. I love hearing from YOU and would love to check out your blogs too! Comment and leave your link :)