SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, October 30, 2015

Oh Hey, Friday! {I've returned}

Hello everyone and HAPPY FRIDAY! I'm linking up for Oh hey, Friday! to catch y'all up on what I've been doing since I've become Mrs. Schiffbauer!

We've taken full advantage of not worrying about fitting into our wedding clothes and by that I mean eating the worst for you best food around our beloved suburban Atlanta area.

 "Cake" ice cream at the ever famous Scoops of Covington (it's on the Vampire Diaries)

 We tried Freddy's Steakburgers and Custard for the first time. 

Tried a new {to us} place off Covington Square that specialized in New Orleans cuisine. 

Brian got a steak and some {not as good as the ones at our wedding} crab cakes.

I got the specialty dish called the pastalaya.

I started my new position at my company. For the past year I've been working as an onsite administrator (temp) at a construction site, yes a steel toe boots, hard hat, and safety vest site. I loved the company so much that I expressed early on that I wanted to be hired on full time at the end of my project if possible. After a lot of help from some amazing people i got a permanent, full time position in the company's payroll department. I started last Friday and have been loving it, especially because I have my own office. #AdultWin

My, not yet decorated, office. 

Since we did a non-traditional registry, we did a Honeyfund, we didn't get many "home" presents but we still got to go newlywed shopping with gift cards we got to Crate & Barrel (from my sweet sorority sister Kelly) and Bed, Bath, & Beyond (from one of Brian's co-workers). Here is some of the damage we did at Crate & Barrel.

Our new adorbs wine rack. We got a pair of reds, whites, and champagne glasses to go with it.

The cutest little cork topper.

We made out like bandits!

After our little shopping trip downtown we headed out to the Owl-O-Ween fest at Kennesaw State University. It's a hot air balloon festival filled with live entertainment, food trucks, beer stations, and an Oktoberfest celebration section. We will definitely go to this again next October and if you live in the Atlanta area, or even nearby because they have hotel specials, you should go next year.

They had such cute little photo "stops" throughout the festival.

 Cheeseburger empanada? Yes please!

We're part of a club! #CarlAndEllie

There you have my little catch up session since I've been so MIA but hey I love spending every second I can with my husband. Now I'm off to the airport to catch my flight to Orlando for a fun weekend filled with some of the most amazing people around. I haven't missed Epcot's Food & Wine Festival since 2010 so there's no way i'm breaking that streak. Follow my adventures on my Instagram and Snapchat username: J0rdashian. Now get out there and have a great weekend!!!

1 comment :

  1. I never heard of that festival in Kennesaw I'd love to go next year! Glad you're back- have a great weekend =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Former Kennedy. I love hearing from YOU and would love to check out your blogs too! Comment and leave your link :)