SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: How He Popped the Question

Hello everyone and thanks for stopping by Wedding Wednesday! It occurred to me this week that I have never shared the story of how Brian proposed to me. I know we're 10 days out from the wedding but better late than never, right?! Sit back, relax, and enjoy story time with Jordan...



It was a Friday like any other for me filled with cleaning, tv watching, errands, a doctor's appointment, and more time than I'd like to admit watching YouTube videos with my friend and roommate, Kathleen. The only out of the ordinary thing on the books was a dinner in Epcot with some of my closest friends because Kathleen had a {cast member 40% off} dining coupon for us to use. Since Kathleen and I had made the decision to leave Florida the following month she asked our closest friends to dinner and suggested we look a bit more dapper than usual we could take some pictures together around the theme park. I had gotten my eyebrows waxed earlier that day and it was a less than position event. The girl took the wax too low on my eyelid resulting in skin being ripped away with the wax. My eyelids hurt and I debated whether I should put on eye makeup or not but after some "you'll be so made at yourself looking back at these pictures with no makeup" comments from Kathleen I decided to tough it out and put my face on. She and I got dressed and as soon as our other roommate Mario got home and our friend Josh arrived we loaded up into Kathleen's car to make our way to Epcot. 


Props to B for wearing a blazer in May in Florida

We were almost out of our neighborhood when Kathleen "realized" she had forgotten the dining coupon (which she has done a few months before when we were doing the same thing) and we needed back at the house. She turned around and headed back to our house but not before she handed me her phone to watch another Youtube video she wanted me to see that she forgot about earlier. At first I thought it was because she could see how annoyed I was but as soon as it started my eye welled up with tears. Beautiful words from Brian filled the screen as one of "our" favorite songs was playing in the background. What followed were video messages from some of my closest friends and family back home telling me to "just say yes." I was oblivious to what was going on around me and when the video ended the car was stopped and Kathleen told me to follow the path we were beside. Once I started walking down the rose petal and candle line pathway (near my house) I saw Brian waiting there for me. 


I know what you're thinking...he could've proposed at any of the Disney parks and he picked a pathway in a neighborhood?! What you may not realize is that Disney wasn't my vacation destination, it was my everyday. Most people wouldn't want their proposal to be at their place of employment. While it is very magical and I've seen {and helped pull off} some amazing proposals there the thought of being surround be people, strangers, waiting to see my reaction was not something I wanted. If you were proposed to at Disney please don't take offense to this, I LOVE DISNEY, it just wasn't the place I dreamed of the question being popped to me. Those who know me would call me out-going but when it comes to emotional moments I prefer much more private moments. Realistically Brian could have asked me anywhere and I would've said yes. This place was special though because on one of his visits we were taking a walk and we strolled down that path and I told him that it reminded me of home. Anyway, back to the story...

Action photos courtesy of Kathleen

What happened next is sort of a blur for the both of us but isn't that how it's supposed to be?! All I remember is, "Jordan Elizabeth Kennedy...will you marry me?" I, of course, said YES and turned around to see my mom (he surprised me and brought her down too) and my friends smiling faces! They loaded up in the cars back to our house as Brian and I walked and soaked up the moment of being freshly engaged. We were supposed to be dining at the Biergarten in Germany, one of my fav Disney restaurants, but ended up holding true to the Schiffbauer Chinese Food Friday tradition and ordered a ton of food from one of my favorite places in Orlando.  With a full heart {and tummy} we began making the calls to friends and family to share our exciting news! 



The adorable cake my mom got made for us

My Feyonce shirt is still one of my all time favs

 One of my co-workers had a loupe so obviously I spent a while gazing at my new bling 

My proposal was absolutely PERFECT for me. Brian was able to pull off a huge surprise (we both are terrible at them) and I can't thank him and everyone who made it possible enough. He always jokes that he wishes he would've made it a more grand, public event but if he would have done that I can guarantee my reaction would have been different, still good, but not as emotional. The only thing I can see rivaling this is happening in 10 short days and that is our first look. Here's to hoping my fake eyelashes don't fall off from all the tears!


Linking up for Wedding WednesdayWhat's Hap-Pinning?!, and Falling for Fall so go check them out :)
 


13 comments :

  1. Oh such a wonderful story!! You are a very lucky girl! Wishing you much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I'm so glad I could be such a big part of this memory! can't wait to watch y'all say I do in...holy moly 10 DAYS!!!! WOO HOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet! I love reading about proposals.
    Your wedding is so so so close!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome story (and a great friend to help him pull this off!) I think the background for the engagement was beautiful! Thanks for sharing and for linking up with Jessi and I today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your story is so sweet, it brought tears to my eyes. I love reading about proposals because they are all so special and different. 10 days!!! you are getting so close! Stay calm and soak it all up, it's going to be perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh!! This is so sweet! I can't believe you are TEN days away! I am so excited for you and can't wait to see all of the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! You've got a great guy on your hands!

    Lauren
    ohheyilikethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about this! Such an incredibly sweet proposal and special in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is seriously the sweetest proposal!! I had absolutely no clue about my proposal and am SOO glad he did it privately where it was just him & I (and the secret photographers), but I would have been much more awkward had it been in public! Yay for almost wedding day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute and romantic!! Great story - Svetlana @Life With a Side of Wine

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet!!! I prefer private moments too =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh, I loved this!! How awesome that you have pictures of it happening, too - so special! Obsessed with the Feyonce shirt and your ring is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Former Kennedy. I love hearing from YOU and would love to check out your blogs too! Comment and leave your link :)