SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, October 5, 2015

My Little {solo} Weekend

It's Monday already?! The only silver lining I have for the weekend coming to a close is Brian getting back from the golf tournament he was coaching all weekend. Today I'm linking up with Biana to share my weekend happenings with you.


Since Brian was going to be away for the weekend working we had decided to have a date night on Friday but to my surprise on Thursday afternoon at work I was given free tickets, parking, and meal credit to go to a Braves game so poof! Easy and cheapest date night ever!


I couldn't believe how good our seats were. We were right beside the Nationals dugout and a few feet from home plate. I kept telling Brian I could go all Fever Pitch and run right on to the field. If you follow baseball at all you know that the Braves have had a terrible season but they actually won this game...now that I think about it every game I've been to since we moved here last year they have won. I should probably get some free season tickets.

Friday I went and got my hair colored back to my natural color...black. I've had highlights for the past year but decided to go back to black *cue one of my fav Amy Winehouse jams* for the wedding. When I got home from the salon I got the sweetest wedding gift in the mail from my "Disney family", The Brankamps. You can read a little more about them HERE but long story short they are a family I met while I was working as an intern at Disney's Contemporary Resort five years ago and we've stayed in touch. They know my favorite color is Lilly Pulitzer so they treated me to a new dress for our honeymoon!


Saturday was spent in bed with the pups watching endless episodes of Law&Order: SVU. Sunday I went to the grocery store so that I could have something other than cereal for dinner and ended up getting some flowers fillers to play around with for rehearsal dinner arrangements.

 Here's what I decided to go with for the rehearsal dinner. Clean and simple with a touch of wheat barley (thanks for the suggestion Lauren at ren + ott events) since our rehearsal dinner is at a brewery. 

Here's what I did with the leftovers. A little arrangement for the breakfast nook :)

I hope you all have a great week and make sure to come back for Wedding Wednesday in a few days! Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments :

  1. Sounds like it was a great weekend. I love going to baseball games! You had such great seats!! Those flowers are beautiful!! Perfect for your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're a Braves good luck charm. ;) Those seats are fantastic! Love the way you arranged the flowers-so pretty for a rehearsal dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the arrangements! You've got talent my friend. You've got talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the centerpieces!! So gorgeous!

    Lauren :)
    ohheyilikethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so awesome that your Disney family sent you a dress for your honeymoon! That arrangement looks so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What awesome seats for the baseball game!! Sounds like a fun day at the game!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Former Kennedy. I love hearing from YOU and would love to check out your blogs too! Comment and leave your link :)