SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: A Crash Course in the Kennedy-Schiffbauer Wedding

Hello everyone and welcome to my very FIRST installment of my Wedding Wednesday series that I will be doing leading up to my wedding that is rapidly approaching in under 3 short months. Each Wednesday I'll talk about everything from dress shopping to flowers and bridal showers to photography shot lists. I will share what I've learned along the way and welcome any advice from former brides or wedding goers. To get things started here is the quick rundown of my wedding...

Where: Cleveland, OH...the home of my sweet fiance Brian.

When: October 17th 2015, our anniversary as well as "Sweetest Day" a holiday founded in Cleveland.

The Ceremony: Saint Martin of Tours Catholic Church, the same church Brian's parents were married at 32 years ago!
The Reception: My pinterest venue dream come true: Legend Lake Golf Club (where my future brother-in-law is the assistant golf pro)
The Wedding Party: 4 Bridesmaids, 4 Groomsmen, 4 Bridal House Party, 4 Ushers, 2 Flowergirls, 1 Ringbearer.

My Colors: Navy and Grey...if it were in the spring it would've been Blush and Bashful for sure! #SteelMagnolias

Best Advice So Far: have a videographer, get a day of coordinator, put someone in charge of your phone/social media for the day, please don't act like Scheana Marie did at her wedding on Vanderpump Rules (this tidbit was from my future mother-in-law) & don't sweat the details because people remember the happiness of the day not what the place cards looked like.

Along with every engaged couple ever, immediately after announcing our engagement we were flooded with the question, "Where are you going to have the wedding?!" I am from West Virginia, Brian is from Ohio, we fell in love in Florida, and we currently live in Georgia so I can see why it was the most common question! After a ton of discussions with each other and our parents we decided that Cleveland was the best option for us because it was home to Brian and a short 4 hour drive for my side of the family and with some of my very close loved ones being older, a long travel time would've meant the strong possibility of them not being able to make it. So as much as I was crushed of not having a feature on Southern Wedding's website (LOL) I followed my little southern heart and made the choice that allowed more of my family to be there on our special day.

Even though our wedding is up north, I'm incorporating a few of my favorite southern wedding traditions which makes for a fun time explaining them to our venue coordinators along with Brian's friends and family. Here are a few of the things I'm having on our big day...

-Burying the bourbon when we go up to get our marriage license one month before our wedding.
Southern folklore says doing this wards off rain on your wedding day if done 1 month before at the location you're getting married.

-Having a "bridal house party" filled with beloved sorority sisters and childhood friends.
A house party is an extension of the bridal party & a way to include loved ones without having a bunch of bridesmaids.

-Getting a Groom's cake made for Brian...the sweet baker didn't understand why I wanted a football themed cake at my wedding!

-A cake pull at our rehearsal dinner for my bridesmaids and house party girls. Since we want to take our "mini moon" in New Orleans I thought this tradition was adorably appropriate.

-MONOGRAMS and lots of them y'all!


There ya have it, a quick rundown of what's consuming my free time until October. Let me know your best wedding advice or your favorite part of your wedding day in the comments below!

                                                                                                              XOXO,

                                                                                                                       Jordan

9 comments :

  1. October 17th is such a perfect prime fall day - it will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It feels like yesterday we were 1 year out from the wedding and now it's just a couple months away :)

      Delete
  2. Ah three months, you're getting so close. Okay since this is the first post I'm reading on your wedding (and I think the first you wrote), and given all the information, I feel like I have so much to say, haha.

    I love that you're still adding in those southern traditions. I never know what a "bridal house party" was so thanks for explaining. I have to admit I still don't get the cake pull tradition, though. Yes, to all the monograms everywhere. I'm totally obsessed with your colors. I really like grey and navy blue but with the guys wearing black tuxes it just didn't work out -- so I'll definitely be looking forward to how your bridal party turns out.

    I'm so excited for you, and look forward to following along these next couple months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm excited you're excited! When I learned about the "bridal house party" I was so excited it took a huge weight off my shoulders and the girls were excited to be more involved. A friend explained to me that you put the charms on long ribbon and they can then tie them to their bouquets the next day and save them for their bouquet as "something old" if they want. As far as monograms go thank heaven for Etsy!!! We went back and forth on colors but my fiance looks great in grey and when he put on the tux jacket I cried so it was a no brainer for us. Thank you so much for following along with me and I look forward to getting a sponsorship through your blog once I get more into the swing of things :)

      Delete
  3. Love the bury the bourbon, I am a firm believer -- rained for 42 days prior and not a drop on our day. Plus makes for adorable pics!

    After Nancy insisted I watch the Vanderpump wedding episode I vowed not be a zilla on our day. YOU know all the details and people will adore them but they won't notice if something goes as planned. My grooms cake arrived 8 hours early and partially melted, and our pastor decided to tell an 11 page STORY in the middle of our ceremony. Breathe & Laugh about it. It will be the most beautiful day!!! I am so so excited for you! It will be perfect!


    My additional advice: give someone a shot list (sometimes photographers are too busy) of pics you want. I had a Pinterest board and a list but completely forgot -______-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adored your bury the bourbon pictures and can't wait to see more from your wedding because everything look beautiful! Watching that episode was eye opening for me, made me realize that I need to just enjoy the day, let the planner handle all the details, and know that no matter what goes wrong people will probably not notice if I don't draw attention to it. The extra shot list is a GREAT idea! I honestly never thought of that but now I will be giving one to Brian's cousin whose hobby is photography! Thanks Lauren :)

      Delete
  4. A professional wedding videography needs to have a touch of an expert videographer. You can actually differentiate the one that is made by a professional and those that are not professional. wedding videography

    ReplyDelete
  5. best wedding videography express the photographer's emotions and are also designed with the aim of evoking emotion in viewers by photographic process. This can classify these photographs as art rather than just works of technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. additionally for troublesome, frequently thought to be a standout amongst the most questionable parts of the wedding arranging process, sydney wedding video

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Former Kennedy. I love hearing from YOU and would love to check out your blogs too! Comment and leave your link :)