SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself...

In honor of me buying this little ole blog it's very own domain I thought I'd celebrate with a post to help you get to know me better. I haven't written an "about me" post since way back when I started blogging and I have some new readers that I would like to get to know me so I hope you enjoy these fun facts...

I started this blog to document wedding planning and it's evolved into a lifestyle blog now.


I named it Former Kennedy from the start to pay homage to my maiden name and because I didn't want to have to change the name of my blog several times. I felt as though Former Kennedy stuck and I haven't grown tired of it yet.

I'm a proud alum of West Virginia University and absolutely loved my time there...in large part to my sorority, Sigma Kappa.

An SK alumni tailgate a few years ago

I was set up with my husband by my sorority sister and bestie, Erika. They worked together at a college in West Virginia and were roommates. He messaged me on Facebook with a quote from one of our favorite movies. We talked everyday for a month and then they both flew down to Orlando for a weekend (so he and I could meet) and the rest is history.

The three of us on that first visit

I am one of those crazy Harry Potter fans. If you like HP we're going to get along just fine...even if you aren't a Slytherin like I am.

My bestie Kathleen and I (on the far right) at the last HP midnight premiere 


I'm obsessed with Bravo...no really, our schedule revolves around the show lineup. We have lived in Atlanta going on three years and I'm so bummed I haven't run into a real housewife yet, only Porsha's ex-husband (Kordell) at Home Depot one time. At our reception our wedding party walked out to Kim Zolciak Biermann's "Don't Be Tardy for the Party" and Brian and I walked out to the Vanderpump Rules theme song...and yes I did toss my veil like Lisa used to toss her scarf.

I worked for Disney at the Walt Disney World Resort for five years. My roles included: merchandise, front desk, concierge, guest relations, guided tour guide, call center agent, Disney University Facilitator, and VIP Tour Guide. This year I want to have a lot more Disney tips and tricks posts and maybe a giveaway or two. One of my biggest pet peeves are poorly written and researched posts about WDW.

One of our Epcot Guest Relations group pics (that I organized lol)

I consider myself an outgoing introvert and those close to me agree. I'm standoffish at first but once I'm comfortable I'm nothing less than rowdy. This is what I consider my best and worst quality.

There ya have it! A few things about me and my life that you might not have know. Have any questions about me or want to share a fun fact of your own. Comment below!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Former Kennedy. I love hearing from YOU and would love to check out your blogs too! Comment and leave your link :)