SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Bottoms Up! {Not Your Father's Root Beer & Drops of Jupiter Wine}

While I do miss the days of case races and Tour de Franzia, I've grown to appreciate adult libations that are to be savored instead of chugged. Today I want to tell you about two of my new FAV drinks for the "I'm grown but don't have the budget to pop Cristal like I want to" kind of drinker.

First up is a little diddy that has been blowing up your Instagram feed...Small Town Brewery's "Not Your Father's Root Beer."
                                           

As a long time sarsaparilla enthusiast I was chomping at the bit to try this and it did not disappoint. It was a fantastic blend of spices that had just enough of a bite without being overpowering. Try pairing it with a couple scoops of vanilla bean ice cream and you'll have the grown up root beer float of your dreams.

Now onto my fan girl loving drink of choice Save Me San Francisco Wine Company's "Drops of Jupiter" California Red Wine.


I'm not a huge red wine fan but when I was at what I refer to as "our best date ever", the Matt Nathanson, The Fray, and TRAIN concert with Brian a few months ago and saw the ad for Train's wine in between sets I lost it. I immediately googled where I could buy it and I had to control myself to not buy them all. I plan on testing out every variety but started with the one named after my favorite song of all time. I cry during "Drops of Jupiter" sober so add this wine and buckle up for a total sobfest lol! It tasted great and wasn't as bitter as some red wines I've had. I love that they are named after their songs and aren't just for show but taste great! Well at least this one does :)

That's all for now y'all. Do you have any beer or wines you want me to test out for you or ones you suggest? Let me know and as always thanks for stopping by...CHEERS!!!

4 comments :

  1. I saw an alcoholic root beer in the store the other day but chose hard cider instead. I'm going to have to try it out.. I didn't even think of putting ice cream in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! Just make sure not to drink it after any other alcoholic drink because then it doesn't taste as good...trust me lol

      Delete
  2. I love root beer but I hate beer. I wonder if I'd like this one? I'm trying to find a good wine too. Mainly so I can drink a glass of wine while watching The Bachelor/The Bachelorette. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate root beer! Everyone I know loves it but I won't touch it. haha. Once I drank root beer when I was little and then I passed out (it was too cold). Haven't' touched it since. It just brings me back to that day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Former Kennedy. I love hearing from YOU and would love to check out your blogs too! Comment and leave your link :)