SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, September 18, 2015

Oh Hey, Friday! [Best Week Ever]

Hooray for Friday! I'm so happy to be linking up with the ladies over at September F A R M and The Farmer's Wife for Oh, Hey, Friday! Here's a recap of the best week I've had since we moved to Atlanta.

If you follow me on Facebook you saw that last week I finally sold my beloved Heidi Honda. I had been looking for a new car for a couple months now and couldn't find something that felt like "me." I kept making excusing for buying a new car but once I sold mine I decided I wanted to have a car within the next week. We hit the dealerships all weekend, I test drove a bunch and dealt with more car salespeople than I'd like to. On Monday I called back the dealership where we got Brian's new Escape in March and she told me she found a car that had everything I wanted. She sent me a link and I feel in love. Right after work I went and signed the paper's for my new lady love Felicia Ford.

 And to answer your question...yes I do say, "bye Felicia!" whenever I walk away.


She has all the bells and whistles I've been dreaming about and a moon roof that became the cherry on top. Here's to having a beautiful car that has my back[up camera] and that I got completely on my own with 0% APR. #AdultWin

Tuesday I got the news I've been hoping for since we moved to Atlanta and was told I'm going to be brought on full time with my company. I've been working as a temp for the past year and completely feel in love with the company. I'm so excited to "officially" be an employee, more details to come later. For now here is my adorable congratulations gifts from Brian, he's just the sweetest.


Being a long distance friend to all my friends is a struggle sometimes. You both have to make the effort to stay active in each other’s lives and I feel like I’m pretty good at it most days. Wednesday was one of those days. After talking with a friend and knowing how down she’s been lately broke my heart but Frontier and Spirit airlines pieced it back together with $39 each way flights so for just under $80 roundtrip I was able to book a much needed girls trip over Halloween weekend! 

Thursday night after work we hopped on a flight to spend the weekend in Cleveland. I'm so happy to be able to tie up some loose ends up here before next month and that my bestie, Erika, is coming up from WV to see us!

Just win I thought things couldn't get happier, this morning we got our wedding license!



I'm off to enjoy LebronLand. I hope y'all have a great weekend! Any fun plans? Tell me about it and comment below :)
 

11 comments :

  1. Congrats on the new car and getting your marriage license!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay congrats on your wedding license!! Where in Atlanta do you live? We lived there for 5 years before moving to Charleston =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. If you saw that comment, that was rude and not meant towards you.. I was saying wtf towards myself, because I thought I called it a wedding license. But now I realized I called it that because you called it that, and that's what was stuck in my head.. I read the comment above after I commented and thought I was dumb for saying wedding license. Did I confuse you yet? I just don't want you to think I'm a giant bitch haha

      Delete
    3. LOL! No offense taken here! We live about 40 minutes outside the city in Oxford. Where did y'all live? Two of my best friends in the world live in Charleston. We went up there a couple months ago, I love it there.

      Delete
    4. I've never been but I just looked it up and I think that's a perfect distance! Far enough from the city to be out of the chaos, close enough to visit and do fun things when you want to =) My husband grew up in Dunwoody, but while we were in school, we lived in Virginia Highlands and Midtown (which were amazing but we didn't appreciate it), before moving downtown by the Georgia Dome for our last two years there. We moved there because I wanted an apartment with a pool, but I couldn't even use the pool because I was too scared of getting stared at by homeless people. I totally miss and reminisce when we lived in Midtown.. but downtown, not so much haha.

      Delete
    5. We love the Oxford/Covington area but will move closer to the city if Brian gets moved to the main Emory campus bc I work on Moreland so it would lessen both of our drives. We currently live in a 3 bedroom house (and my last place in FL was a 6 bedroom house) on 4 acres of land so I've gotten spoiled with space and don't know how I'd handle going back to an apartment LOL

      Delete
  3. Yay!! You are getting so close to the big day and you have had so many other big events come up. Congrats on a new car! I have been looking for an SUV, it is so hard choosing the right one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't believe it! Yea I looked for a car for months. I was stuck on getting another suv but ended up with a car. We already have one suv so it's good to have both options now :)

      Delete
  4. Finding that perfect car is always the best. I love the name you chose for her!!
    Congratulations on the job, I know that's exciting!
    Happy Weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Former Kennedy. I love hearing from YOU and would love to check out your blogs too! Comment and leave your link :)