SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: The Top 4 Lists You'll Need for Your Wedding Week

Happy Wednesday y'all and thank you for stopping by for Wedding Wednesday, I'm so glad you're here. I seriously can NOT believe tomorrow marks ONE MONTH until our wedding. We're celebrating by flying up to Cleveland to get our marriage license on Friday. I'm a definition "type A" personality so checking off a task on a to-do list is one of life's greatest thrills for me. In honor of the big day being four weeks away I'm sharing my top four wedding checklists to make sprinkled with some photos from our recent engagement session by our wonderful photographer, Arastasia Rolain!


Packing List
This list is crucial if you're getting married somewhere other than where you currently live. If someone can't drive to your house to pick up something you forgot and be back in 30 minutes you better make this list. For me the biggest struggle was getting everything up to Cleveland for the wedding without having to break the bank in shipping costs. We were able to load up our car with wedding supplies on our trip to West Virginia for my bridal shower for some of Brian's family to take back up to Cleveland with them. This was one of my more brilliant ideas not only financially but emotionally as well. Once those items were out of our house I stopped worrying about them and boy was that a fantastic feeling. Top items you'll want to include for this list are: your clothes/toiletries for the week, rehearsal outfits, wedding supplies, wedding party gifts, checks for your vendors, your marriage license, and a "Call Anyone but the Bride" contact list.


Shopping List
If your wedding is a DIY extravaganza like mine you'll want to make sure you have all the supplies for crafting so you can hit the ground running when it's time to put things together. I made a spreadsheet shopping list that is divided into categories so I can shop in an efficient manner. I'm hosting a bridal party brunch the morning of my wedding as we get ready so I didn't want to forget any food items. My shopping list spreadsheet is divided into these categories: brunch items, alcohol, brunch decor, craft supplies, wedding decor, welcome boxes, and emergency kit supplies.


Wedding Week To-Do List
To me, this list is what will most certainly keep me sane. I'm going to have some amazing helpers through out the week so the days I have help have more tasks. My "wedding gift" to Brian is that once we step in the church for our rehearsal I will not be worrying about things getting done, I will just sit back and soak up the memories being made. He's convinced that I'll get most everything done on Thursday and Friday I won't even really have much to do, I hope this is the case! For this list I made a spreadsheet with columns for each day and after writing down everything that needs to get done I started assigning tasks to days of the week.

Our location was beautiful but very muddy from the rainstorm the night before, this is Brian teasing me about not being able to strut it in heels in the mud.

Shot List
Not that kind of shot you lushes! A list of "must do's" for your photographer and videographer, but let's be real I'm probably need a jagerbomb or two by the week of the wedding! This list will help you create your wedding timeline and help both you and your photography/videography team so everyone is on the same page. For this list I made a document with actual photos I've seen on Pinterest so no time will be wasted in trying to explain how we want the pose to go. I grouped the photos together by when they'll been taken, all the "getting ready" shots are together and all the wedding party photos are together. As far as our wedding video we sent links to the videos we liked most to our videographer so he's knows what "scenes" he needs to capture. I hate standing around trying to figure out what to do so I figured the less everyone has to worry about what the do the better the day will flow.

via Arastasia Photography
This is my "Real Fiancee of Atlanta" money shot. 

I'm not the realistic bride that thinks everything is going to go off without a hitch and things will be perfect. I am however someone who likes to have an order to things and plans in place so that when something go wrong everyone can get past it quickly. Every time I start to get loco about my lists and timelines Brian tells me to watch the Scheana's wedding episode of Vanderpump Rules and I quickly realize that I don't want to be like that on our wedding day. However if Pandora and Lisa want to send some Vanderpump Vodka and Sangria my way I'll gladly accept.


I'm off to pack and get ready for our weekend in Cleveland. I'm linking up with Macy & Nikki for Wedding Wednesday and Jenn & Jessi for What's Hap-Pinning. I'd love to hear about your wedding lists and wedding day timeline tips and am happy to help you with your list questions so comment below and as always thanks for stopping by!

10 comments :

  1. Jordan this is incredible! You are so talented girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures!! Love your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your photos! so cute! thanks for the list! Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lists, although usually I make them and then forget they exist altogether haha. These are really good ideas, and your photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lists for my lists, it's insane lol. Thank you! They turned out well. We have some from the beach too that I'm going to post later.

      Delete
  5. Love these photos, especially under the weeping willow! It's my favorite tree and pictures always look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am right there with you on making and checking things off! These are all great list suggestions. - Svetlana @Life with a Side of Wine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! What an exciting and crazy time! You are right, lists will be a lifesaver! I went a little nuts with sending timelines, contact info, instructions, etc. to my vendors and family before our wedding. But it paid off, our photographer said her job was easy because my timeline was so well thought out. You will be glad you put all of the hard work in the weeks leading up to your big day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Former Kennedy. I love hearing from YOU and would love to check out your blogs too! Comment and leave your link :)