SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, September 21, 2015

Weekending in the CLE

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had a fantastic weekend. Mine was spent in Cleveland, Ohio jam packed with wedding tasks and visiting with friends. I'm linking up with Biana, here's my recap in photos...


If you read my post on Friday you saw that we got our marriage license! We also had our last meeting at the church with the priest who is marrying us. His name is Father Lou and he's just the best! Brian's parents met us at Saint Martin's and it was so special to have them there.

Only a few more weeks until we're standing here again!

On our way home we stopped by Gartman's Bakery to place our cupcake order. It was such a darling little shop and everything looked amazing, they even had pepperoni rolls! I loved these Ohio cookies, aren't they adorable?!


Later that night we visited with one of Brian's best friends growing up, Juliann. This was the first time I got to meet her in person but because of us texting all the time it felt like I was reuniting with an old friend. We got our baby fix with her beautiful son, Gage. Normally babies don't like me, I blame it on my strong dark features. Luckily her husband and his family have dark hair and eyes so baby Gage loved me. 


Saturday morning we woke up and headed to Brian's alma mater, Lake Erie College, to scope out some picture spots. The campus is so beautiful so it was quite a task narrowing down my favorite spots but here they are...

 Our "first look" location, weather permitting of course.

 Love this covered porch and the fact that it has rocking chairs.

I put Brian in charge of finding "rain day" picture locations and he did not disappoint! This social parlor was to die for, I loved it so much I decided to make this a location no matter what!

The music hall we originally wanted to get married before we decided to have a Catholic wedding. 

This is the building that Brian worked at as a GA. How cute?!

After our stroll around campus we went to the Amish shop that's doing our woodwork decor. They were so excited to do this and want photos so they can advertise that they make wedding decor. On our way home we stopped by the market where I needed to place my remaining flower order. I was completely wowed by the manager! She was beyond helpful and the flowers were gorgeous. I wish I would've been able to visit earlier because I would have order everything from her. 

Yes, that is Kale in the bottom right corner. Being a flower enthusiast I loved this palette. 

That afternoon my our bestie, Erika, drove up from West Virginia to spend the day with us. We introduced her to some wonderful local spots and then we ventured out downtown where I learned that I am no spring chicken anymore lol. 


Dining at Brian's former workplace, The Winking Lizard.

My brother-in-law in 26 days. 

At the grand opening of Punch Bowl Social. 


I had a blast this weekend and got so much accomplished. The next time we’re in Cleveland I’ll be running around getting everything prepared for the big day! As always, thanks for reading and don’t forget to stop by for Wedding Wednesday! What did y’all do this weekend? Comment below and tell me all about it J






6 comments :

  1. Your first look location is going to be stunning and the weather will be perfect too!! Looks like a fun weekend full of wedding activities! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding day will be here before you know it!! I love your first look location- we had a bunch of pictures on a porch too and they're some of my favorites =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wedding is gonna be gorgeous. It will be time before you know it. Love your first look location.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for getting your marriage license, that makes it so much more real, right? Those Ohio cookies are so cute. I married and Ohioan so now anytime I see Buckeyes I smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great place to have your wedding, it's gorgeous! Looks like you had a great weekend doing wedding things and catching up with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for getting your marriage license! That was so exciting wehn we did it!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Former Kennedy. I love hearing from YOU and would love to check out your blogs too! Comment and leave your link :)