SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, September 17, 2015

One More Month...

It's so hard for me to believe that one month from today I will be a wife. Everyone said the months leading up to your wedding fly by and they were 100% correct. I get asked almost everyday if I'm excited and of course I say yes but this is what I wish I could say instead of just "yes"....

Yes I'm excited that I don't have to go on online dates or make small talk at bars anymore because those are right up there with going for a root canal. 

Yes, I'm glad that the type of man I prayed and WISHED FOR came into my life at just the right moment. 

Yes I'm excited that I finally found a man who made me realize that I am lovable when others did everything to make me feel like I wasn't. 

Yes I'm excited that I found someone who will watch all of my thoughtless tv shows with me, still take me on dates, make me feel beautiful when I feel everything but that, love me through all my mood swings, and dances with me every single day in the kitchen. 

Yes I'm excited for the road that lies ahead for us and I find comfort in knowing that he'll be by my side through peaks and valleys of life. 

For the longest time I never thought I'd get married. If we could go hop in a time machine to 3 years ago and tell me that this is how things were going to turn out I would've called you a liar. My heartbreaks left me bitter, jaded, and with no hope. I accepted the "love" that I thought I deserved and was disappointed at every turn. For my friends out there who are feeling the way I felt please from the bottom of my heart know that you deserve more. You deserve to feel important, special, and loved by the person you're with and if they don't make you feel that way have the courage to walk away because I want everyone to feel as loved as Brian makes me feel. Be brave, be kind, and go out there and find your Brian.



3 comments :

  1. You're beautiful and wonderful and I am beyond happy that you have found someone that makes you feel the way others see you. Love you, J and I can't wait to see your gorgeous photos next month!

    PS. Love the Lilly dress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Former Kennedy. I love hearing from YOU and would love to check out your blogs too! Comment and leave your link :)