SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 10, 2015

Weekend Update: The WV Edition

Here's to the start of a new week for all of us. Today I'm linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for Weekending and with Meg at Life of Meg for Mingle Monday! Here are the happenings of my weekend...

Friday we woke up bright and early [3:00am to be exact, don't worry we went to bed at 7:00pm on Thursday] to start our drive to my home state of West Virginia for my cousin Heather's wedding. The drive in was great and by leaving so early we didn't hit any traffic at all. We made it into Huntington, West Virginia right around lunch time and I was able to treat Brian to his first experience at one of my favorite WV staples Stewart's Hot Dogs, which also happened to be one of my grandma's favorites. 


After lunch we visited with some of my family, got settled in, and then took my mom to dinner at Cracker Barrel where I found (and purchased) this hilarious sign. 


Saturday was the BIG DAY! My cousin Heather got married at The Marshall University Foundation Hall and it was such a beautiful setting. The weather couldn't have been more perfect and the day was filled with so much love. She and her {now} husband, Ben, asked me to do the reading for their ceremony and I was absolutely honored to do so. I normally get super nervous reading in public but I was surprisingly calm and didn't fumble at all! Here are some of my favorite details of their day...


Heather was a beyond beautiful bride and Ben was such a handsome groom. I was in a black and white photo kick so here are my favorite pictures I captured with my phone...


Sunday we packed up the car and headed to my favorite breakfast place in the world, Tudor's Biscuit World, for my usual "peppi" biscuit. If you're ever passing through West Virginia and see a sign for a Tudor's do yourself a favor and stop for the best biscuit you'll ever have in your life...you're welcome in advance. 


The drive back to Atlanta always seems to drag but we made it home in time for Brian to watch the majority of the first Steelers pre-season game. This weekend was so much fun and I was so happy to be able to see my cousin marry the man of her dreams. For more pictures and videos (one of which is my 86 year old uncle Ray breaking it down) follow me on Instagram. I hope y'all have a great week and don't forget to stop by Former Kennedy for Wedding Wednesday!

                                                                                         XOXO, 

                                                                              Jordan 








No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Former Kennedy. I love hearing from YOU and would love to check out your blogs too! Comment and leave your link :)