SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: What's Hap-Pinning?!

Happy Wednesday everyone! And to answer your question, yes, I'm wearing pink! Today I decided to combine two of my favorite linkups. I'm linking up with Macy and Nikki for Wedding Wednesday and Jenn and Jessi for What's Hap-Pinning?!


To be completely honest starting last Thursday things have been a little disappointing in WeddingLand. A couple things happened that put a damper on my week including but not limited to: finding out an important family member isn't going to come and the bustle on my dress being messed up big time. Luckily I had some amazing people to help me through it. Brian was amazing per usual with helping me through the family situation, one of the perks of marrying a coach is they give you the absolute best pep talks when you need it. My wonderful friend, Erin, drove up from Auburn to go to my dress fitting with me and I honestly don't know what I would've done if she wasn't there. When I got overwhelmed and had to walk out she handled everything and I'm so thankful for that. Well I've had enough of the boring, sad stuff so let's move on to the fun part...some of my favorite Pinterest wedding inspiration that I'm incorporating on our big day!

During the prayer of the faithful in our wedding mass we're able to honor loved ones that have passed but, we loved the idea of having something at the reception too. We're going to have a similar set up when you walk into our reception venue. 

 via

 We were some pretty cute kids so why not feature all that adorable somewhere?! I've made up something like this and I think it will be a hit!


We knew from the get go that we wanted a “cutting cake” and cupcakes instead of a big cake. I searched pins on pins on pins to find our dream desserts and we both loved this two tiered cake and pearl topped cupcakes. We’re currently trying to decide if we want our cake iced like this or a more smooth design to compliment the cupcakes.  



Now that I've been blogging for a little while I've found some blogs that I read weekly. Obviously a lot of them have a large amount of wedding posts and I've noticed something that I think is really cool. The week of the wedding these ladies don't neglect their blogs and leave their readers hanging. Instead they have guest posts. So I've decided to get the ball rolling on this one. I have a friend, and bridesmaid, that introduced me to the blogging world and her name is Kathleen. So Kac...will you write a guest post for me on Friday, October 16th? When you think about it I'm really helping you kill some time on your flight so your welcome. I'm still so new at everything I don't really know how it works with asking for guest bloggers but if any other fellow bloggers would be willing to write a little post for I'd really appreciate it. 

Please comment and share ideas for guest blog posts the week of my wedding and if you would be willing to write a post for me...it's really the most economical wedding gift of all!

                                                                                     XOXO, 

                                                                                                           Jordan




11 comments :

  1. I love the idea of having a table set up with pictures of family members who are no longer with us. What a wonderful way to include them. As for wedding post ideas, I think it would be fun to do a round up of your favorite celebrity wedding dresses. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up girl!! I love the idea of having a cutting cake and them cupcakes, guests will love that it's cute and easy to eat. I like how the cake is iced in the picture you posted because it gives it some textural details, but entirely up to how you want your cake to look on the big day! That set up for family members who have passed on at the reception is just darling and I have seen that done so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the table to pay respects to those who passed away. what a great way to have them involved in your special day. I love the pearl topped cupcakes. very classy.

    Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. These ideas are amazing! I love the idea of having photos of you and your fiancé from when you were younger- I wish I would have done that! If you need anymore guest posters, let me know! Before my wedding, I put it out in a blog post that I needed guest posters, and then I emailed specific ladies that I knew would do a great job. I only had 1 for the week prior to my wedding, but then 10 guest posts for while I was on my Honeymoon, it worked out perfectly!

    Thanks for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that table to honor those who couldn't be there on your special day--that's a really great idea!
    That cake topper is also super cute :)
    Try not to let the wedding stuff get to you. It WILL all work out and the day will be amazing...I promise :) Glad that you have a great support network to help you through!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea about the table honoring family members. And I love the cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the his/hers restroom signs! Thanks for linking up today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear about your bustle and important person not making it to your wedding! Don't worry, it will still be the best day! Those restroom signs are THE BEST idea! My husband's mom passed 13 months before our wedding, so we had a little table of memory for her that included a bouquet to match my mom's. It was a really nice way to be thinking about her throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got married and we did the cupcakes and a real cake topper! It was such a hit! We ordered tons of extra cupcakes and almost all got eaten.

    We also did the restroom signs with our first grade pictures and is was adorable :)

    Congrats and happy wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a bummer to hear about your dress and your family member not coming. Hopefully things will go smooth sailing from now on. We had some stressfull things happen before our wedding but they all ended up working out. I love the rest room signs and how sweet to have a table for loved ones that couldn't be with you. If you are looking for a guest post let me know as I would be happy to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a bummer to hear about your dress and your family member not coming. Hopefully things will go smooth sailing from now on. We had some stressfull things happen before our wedding but they all ended up working out. I love the rest room signs and how sweet to have a table for loved ones that couldn't be with you. If you are looking for a guest post let me know as I would be happy to help out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Former Kennedy. I love hearing from YOU and would love to check out your blogs too! Comment and leave your link :)