SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, August 6, 2015

On the Square: Mystic Grill

As you might have read I live in Georgia, in a little town right outside of Atlanta. I'll be honest and say that it took me a while but our little town has grown on me. One of the reasons I began to embrace it is because we're nicknamed "The Hollywood of the South" here in little ole Covington, Georgia. Countless movies have been filmed minutes from my house as well as some pretty beloved tv shows. When we looked up a listing we found that Sweet Home Alabama, American Reunion, Footloose, Remember the Titans, and My Cousin Vinny [just to name a few] were filmed here as well as The Dukes of Hazzard and a more current show you might know called The Vampire Diaries.

I've watched The Vampire Diaries off and on for a few seasons but have to admit that once I moved here I started watching it more and had total fan girl moments when we'd be out for dinner and see them filming. I mean our neighbor was the lead character's body double until this past season of filming, how cool is that? Last night my mom's best friend Stephanie and her daughter who is one of my best friends stayed with us before Erin's move to Auburn so we decided to take them to the Mystic Grill, one of the major spots the show films. They absolutely loved it! The food is amazingly southern and the drinks are to die for. Here are a few photos I took, enjoy!



This time I got the fried meatloaf, which was amazing, and my drink was the Vampire Bite which is was a combination of beer, hard cider, and raspberry liqueur...sounds weird but was great! 



Upstairs Lounge Area


"The Door Room"


One side of the autographed menu wall


The overlooking view of the main floor


The beautiful rooftop dining area, on certain nights they have live musicians up there. 


Our town's clock tower and Erin lol

So there’s a small piece of my cute little town for you. If you ever find yourself in Atlanta you should get on the interstate a drive a little east and come see the beautiful town of Covington. I’ll keep sharing our visits to the wonderful restaurants and shops of Covington Square. Also if you go see the new Vacation movie make sure to keep a look out for my fiancĂ© Brian, they filmed a portion of it on his campus so he got to be an extra. Thanks for stopping by y’all!

                                                                                                        XOXO, 

                                                                                      Jordan 



1 comment :

  1. i have always wanted to go! and i want to do the tour and everything. and marry ian. in that order.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Former Kennedy. I love hearing from YOU and would love to check out your blogs too! Comment and leave your link :)